- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 Large yellow onion medium diced
- 10 Cloves of garlic smashed
- 50 g Ginger sliced
- 4 Stalks of lemongrass sliced
- 10 Kefir lime leaves
- 2 tbsp shichimi togarashi
- 2 Thai chilies split lengthwise
- 2 12oz Bottles of Maudite
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 5 Ears of corn cut in half
- 3lbs Red skin potatoes quartered
- 5lbs Dungeness Crab Claws
Heat the oil in a 5-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Add the onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, lime leaves, and togarashi stirring constantly until aromatic and onions are slightly soft, about 2 minutes.
Add the chilies and stir for another 15 seconds, until fragrant.
Add the beer, water, and fish sauce to deglaze the pot scraping anything on the bottom.
Bring to a boil and add the corn and potatoes cover and let boil for 10-12 mins or until potatoes are soft.
Add the crab claws and boil for another 10 mins covered.
Carefully transfer Dutch oven to a table with a trivet and serve family style.
*Serve with melted butter and lemons (optional)*