• 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
• 2 large Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
• Olive oil
• 1 Spanish onion, finely chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 2 carrots, cut in half and sliced
• 3 celery stalks, cut in half and sliced
• 1/2 tsp dried savory
• 1/3 cup of Trois Pistoles
• 100g shiitake mushrooms, chopped
• 450g semi-lean ground beer
• 350g ground lamb
• 2 tbsp butter
• 1/4 cup 15% country-style cream (optional)
• 1 can (398ml) peaches & cream corn, drained
• 1 can (398ml) cream corn
• 200g Antic Gruyère cheese
• Dried parsley
• Salt and ground pepper
• Place potato cubes in a large saucepan filled with boiling salted water and cook for 45 minutes or until they are tender. Transfer into a strainer and drain well. Return in the saucepan and set aside.
• Meanwhile, in a sauce pan heated at medium heat, add 2-3 tbsp of olive oil and cook the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes while stirring.
• Add the carrots, celery and savory followed by a dash of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Add the beer and mushrooms and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
• Preheat oven at 400°F.
• Add the meat and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, while separating the meat into small pieces, until it is not longer pink. Season with salt and pepper. Drain the fat and set aside.
• Heat the large pan with the potatoes at medium heat and mash well. Add the butter and let it melt while stirring/mashing. Add the cream if desired and mix. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
• Mix both kinds of corn in a large bowl.
• In a large cooking dish (9’’ X 13’’), pour the meat mixture and even it out. Pour the corn mixture and spread evenly. Add the potatoes over the top to completely cover the meat. Complete with the Gruyère cheese and decorate with the dried parsley to taste.
• Bake for 12 minutes. Finish cooking under the broiler for another 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is golden. Remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.