Rabbit pot roast
• 2 rabbit of 1.2kg , cut into 6 pieces
• Olive oil
• 2 cups leeks (white part), sliced
• 2 cups turnip, cut into large cubes
• 2 cups baby potatoes, cut in half
• 2 cups Nantes carrots, cut into large pieces
• 1 teaspoon dried parsley
• 1 teaspoon Provencal herbs
• 1/4 cup white wine
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 750 ml Noire de Chambly
• Chopped fresh parsley for decoration
• Preheat oven at 350°F.
• In an ovenproof casserole, heat a generous dash of olive oil at medium temperature. Brown the rabbit on all sides for about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Mix often.
• Add the leeks and the spices and cook for 2 more minutes while stirring. Deglaze with the white wine and scrape the bottom of the casserole to release all the flavors!
• Add the vegetables and the broth on top. Pour the Noire de Chambly until the liquid reaches ¾ of the pan.
• Cook in the oven, covered, for about 2 ½ hours.
• Serve hot and pour a generous quantity of juice over it. Decorate with fresh parsley. Delicious with a fresh baguette !