Marinated beef satay
• 3 large flank steaks, cut into thick strips along the grain
• 1 cup of Blonde de Chambly
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 2/3 cup Dijon mustard
• 4 green onions, sliced into rounds
• 2 tsp. salted herbs from the Bas du Fleuve region
• Ground pepper
• Wood skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
• In a sealable container, prepare marinade by mixing Dijon, olive oil, salted herbs, . cup of Blonde de Chambly, and green onions. Add a generous amount of pepper and stir well. Reserve about 5 tbsp. of the mixture and . cup of beer for grilling.
• Add meat to marinade and mix well. Marinate in the fridge for 24 hours.
• Thread meat on skewers in a zigzag pattern to make sure it is firmly attached and won’t fall during cooking.
• On a preheated BBQ over medium heat, grill beef skewers about 8 to 10 minutes or until desired doneness.
IMPORTANT: Baste the skewers with the marinade often and sprinkle with beer while cooking !