Italian wedding soup
• 250 g of ground beef
• 250 g of ground veal
• 250 g of ground pork
• 1.5 L of homemade beef stock
• 250 ml of tomato paste
• 466 ml of Maudite
• 3 spinach leaves
• 1¼ cups of orzo
• Parmesan shavings (to taste)
• Fresh basil leaves (to taste)
• ½ cup of water
• Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
• Mix the beef, veal and pork in a bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Form meatballs with the mixture.
• Cook the orzo in ½ cup of water and ½ cup of beer. Remove from the heat when you have an al dente consistency.
• In a saucepan, combine 341 ml of beer, tomato paste and beef stock. Cook the meatballs in the broth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Place the orzo, spinach and meatballs in a large bowl and cover with the broth. Garnish with Parmesan shavings and basil.