• 1/2 vanilla bean
• 350ml 35% cream
• 50ml milk
• 50ml Éphémère Cherry, room temperature, flatten (stir with fork until flat)
• 5 egg yolks
• 90g powdered sugar or about 7 tablespoons (do not mistake for icing or regular sugar)
• 6 teaspoons of regular sugar (for the caramelized crust)
• Pre-heat the oven at 325°F.
• In a saucepan, warm the milk at low temperature.
• Scrape out the vanilla seeds and add both the seeds and the bean to the milk. Infuse for a few minutes.
• In a large bowl, strongly whisk the eggs and the 90g sugar until it whitens. Add the cream and mix well to allow the sugar to melt completely.
• Remove the vanilla beans and add the milk and the Éphémère Cherry to the mixture. Mix well again.
• Pour mixture in 6 custard dishes or ramekins.
• Bake in a water bath. Put the ramekins into a baking dish filled with boiling water to 3/4 the height of the ramekins. Bake for 45 minutes.
• Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
• Before serving, pour 1 teaspoon of sugar on top of each crème brûlée. Use a torch to caramelize quickly. You may also want to caramelize it using your oven set to Broil.
Note : Cooking time may vary from oven to oven.