Brie en croûte
• 1 round puff pastry of 250 gr, thawed
• 1 brie double cream cheese, 450 gr
• 1 egg white
• 2 tbsp. butter
• 1 ripe Bartlett pear, cut in half lenthwise and in 3-4 mm slices
• 3 tbsp. maple syrup
• 3 tbsp. Éphémère Pear
• 1/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
• 1/4 cup dried cranberrie
• Preheat over at 410°F.
• Spread puff pastry and place brie cheese in the middle. Fold pastry over.
• Brush pastry sides with egg white and place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Cook for 30-35 minutes, until crust is golden. Take out of the oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
• When 10 minutes remain for the baking of the cheese, start preparing the pears.
• Melt butter in a pan, over medium heat. Add the pears with 2 tbsp. of maple syrup and 2 tbsp. of beer and mix. Cook for 8 minutes while stirring gently.
• Add the pecans and the cranberries and the rest of the syrup and the beer and stir gently. Cook for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
• Place the cheese on a plate and pour the mix over the top. Serve immediately !