• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 kg beef stew cubes
• Olive oil
• 1 Spanish onion, finely chopped
• 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 2 cups carrots, cut in half and in thick slices
• 2 cups parsnip, cut in half and in thick slices
• 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
• 1 1/2 cups of Maudite
• 2 tbsp tomato paste
• 2 cups new potatoes, cut in half
• 2 cups musky pumpkin, cut into cubes
• 2 cups beef broth
• 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 2 bay leaves
• 1 tsp dried sage
• 1 tsp dried thyme
• 1/2 tsp dried parsley
• One small handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
• Fleur de sel
• Salt and ground pepper
• In a large bowl, place flour, paprika, salt and pepper and mix well. Place beef cubes in the bowl and mix with your hands to coat the meat well. Take cubes out of the flour and shake to remove excess. Set aside in a plate.
• In a large pan, at medium-high heat, add about 2 tbsp olive oil and the beef cubes. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Cook a small quantity at the time and add oil as needed. Place in the crockpot.
• In the same pan, add the onions, garlic, carrots, parsnip and rosemary and season with salt and pepper. Pour a dash of olive oil, mix well and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until caramelized. Place in the crockpot.
• Deglaze with the beer and add the tomato paste. Scrape the bottom well to release all the flavours! Blend until the tomato paste is dissolved and transfer in the crockpot.
• Add the rest of the ingredients in the crockpot and season generously with salt and pepper. Mix well and cover. Cook at low temperature for 8 hours, mixing halfway. Serve on couscous and garnish with fresh parsley and fleur de sel !