• In a large pot, heat the garlic in the olive oil on medium heat.
• Add the onions and cook, stirring regularly, for about 10 minutes or until the onions soften.
• Add the brown sugar, maple syrup, vinegar, salt and pepper.
• Cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
• Add the beer and bring to a boil.
• Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered. Stir from time to time for about 30 minutes or until liquid is completely evaporated and onions are golden.
• Let cool.
Note: Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley before serving for a beautiful presentation.