• 375 ml La Fin du Monde
• 500 g smoked lard, diced (or use regular bacon with liquid smoke)
• 4 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1 chopped medium onion
• 45 ml brown sugar
• Tabasco sauce to taste
• 1 seedless Jalapeño pepper
• 250 ml coffee
• 60 ml apple cider vinegar
• 60 ml maple syrup
• Black pepper to taste
• 250 ml water
• A quarter of a bunch of oregano
• A pinch of pink pepper
• In a stew pot style saucepan, fry the lard in bunches until it is slightly golden and starts to get crispy.
• Cut into 1 inch pieces with scissors.
• Sauté the onion and garlic in the bacon grease on medium heat until they are translucent. Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the water, oregano and pink pepper.
• Simmer for about 2 hours, adding 60 ml of water every 25-30 minutes while stirring.
• Once it is ready, cool for about 15-20 minutes and pour into a food processor.
• Add the oregano and pink pepper. Start the food processor for 2-3 seconds to get a jam consistency or run longer for a smoother, pastier texture.