SERVES 4 to 6
• 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• Olive oil
• 1 cup strawberries, coarsely chopped
• 1 cup rhubarb, coarsely chopped
• 250 ml ketchup
• 250 ml Éphémère Strawberry & Rhubarb
• 85 ml water
• 125 ml honey
• 2 tbsp. brown sugar
• 2 tbsp. molasses
• 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
• 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
• 1 tbsp. mild smoked paprika
• 1 tbsp. dried oregano
• Salt and ground pepper
• 1.2 kg pork tenderloin, slightly frozen, thinly sliced
• Approximately 15 wood skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
• Heat a saucepan on medium heat, add the red onion and the garlic followed by a generous drizzle of olive oil.
• Add the strawberries and rhubarb and mix. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes while stirring.
• Add the rest of the ingredients and mix. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and puree. Cool for 30 minutes.
• In an airtight container, combine the pork with half the marinade and mix with your hands, making sure to coat all the pieces well. Refrigerate for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
• Skewer the meat in a zigzag pattern, compacting it slightly. Set aside.
• Preheat the BBQ on high, and then reduce to medium level. Oil the grill. Place skewers on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until meat is cooked and grilled. Serve right away with a side of green salad and grilled vegetables.