SERVES 4 TO 6
Grilled chicken skewers
• 2 cups of Unibroue Blanche de Chambly
• 1/4 of honey
• Zest of 1 orange
• 2 Tbsp. of olive oil
• 2 tsp. of Bas-du-Fleuve salty herbs
• A big handful of chopped fresh coriander
• 800g of chicken breast diced in big cubes
• 2 lemons diced in big cubes
• 1 big Vidalia onion cut in large pieces
• Salt and pepper
• In a big bol, pour the beer, add the honey, orange zest, olive oil, herb mix, coriander, salt and pepper. Mix well and put this marinade aside.
• Place the chicken in a sealable container along with half of the marinade. Seal the container, shake the mix and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours (ideally, over night). Also refrigerate the rest of the marinade.
• On a skewer stick, add a chicken cube, a piece of onion and a piece of lemon. Repeat until the skewer is full. (If you are using wood skewer sticks, let them sit in water for 30 min prior to adding the elements.)
• Pre-heat the BBQ to the maximum heat then reduce to medium heat. Place the skewers on the grill. Let them cook for a total of about 8 minutes, turning the skewers regularly and brushing them with fresh marinade as they cook.
Serve with rice and mint yogurt, to your liking.