SERVES 2 CUPS
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 3 tbsp duck fat
• 1 red onion, finely chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• Meat from 4 confit duck legs (total 560g), pulled and chopped
• 1 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 tbsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
• 1/2 cup white wine
• 1/2 cup of Raftman
• 1/2 tsp dried parsley
• Salt and ground pepper
• In a pan at medium heat, add olive oil and 1 tbsp duck fat. Cook onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes while stirring often.
• Add the duck and the rest of the duck fat, maple syrup, rosemary, wine, beer and parsley. Season with salt and pepper then stir well.
• Continue cooking for 10 minutes or until liquid is all evaporated. Stir often.
• Remove from heat and let cool down for 15 minutes. Split in jars and place in fridge for at least 2 hours. Serve with a nice bread baguette!