Beer: Blanche de Chambly
Preparation: 25 minutes
Cooking time:25 minutes
- Store-bought pizza dough
- 1/2 cup Blanche de Chambly
- 1 large boneless chicken breast, skin removed, cut into . cubes
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon pepper (or black pepper)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tbsp. herbes de Provence
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, grated
- 1 cup country-style cream (35% M.F.)
-Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, add chicken and Blanche de Chambly. Cover and let marinate in fridge for 2 hours.
- In a frying pan, heat vegetable oil. Drain chicken and sear over high heat with lemon pepper, garlic powder, oregano, basil, and 1 tsp. salt. Do not cook fully, no more than about 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix the parsley, garlic, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tbsp. olive oil, and freshly ground pepper. Set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough onto a pregreased cookie sheet.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil over dough (about 1 tbsp.). Then sprinkle evenly with garlic salt and herbes de Provence.
- Add an even layer of onions and chicken, then top with grated cheese.
- Sprinkle parsley and garlic mixture evenly over cheese.
Top with 35% cream, making sure to cover the entire pizza.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Finish under the broiler for a few minutes to get a nice golden color. Let cool a few minutes before serving.
Source recipe and photo: Philippe Allard and Samuel Joubert- www.recettesdelamort.ca