Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hours
- 1 1/2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Blanche de Chambly (plus . cup to finish)
- 12 large raw shrimp, shelled and deveined, coarsely chopped
- 12 large raw scallops, coarsely chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place cubed squash on a baking pan and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake about 45 minutes. Let squash cool and then coarsely chop and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallots and sweat for 5 minutes without browning.
- Add Arborio rice and stir to coat grains well.
- Add white wine and stir. Reduce until all liquid has cooked off.
- Add chicken broth 3/4 cup at a time, making sure rice has absorbed all liquid between batches. Stir constantly. Once all chicken broth has been absorbed, add Blanche de Chambly and follow the same procedure. It should take about 30 minutes to fully cook the risotto.
- When rice is 3/4 done, pat dry shrimp and scallops. In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, saute scallops in a bit of oil for 3 minutes. Salt and pepper.
- Add shrimp and saute until they turn pink. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When the rice is fully cooked, remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese. Add seafood and squash and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Before serving, stir about . cup of Blanche de Chambly into risotto for even creamier rice. Serve immediately.
Photo and recipe : Philippe Allard and Samuel Joubert, recettesdelamort.ca