Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Pepper to taste
- 1 lb. beef, cubed and trimmed of fat
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 celery stalk, cut in pieces
- 2 cups carrot, cut in pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 12 oz. Maudite beer
- 1 cup beef or chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, paprika, and pepper in a bowl. Lightly flour beef cubes and set aside.
- Heat oil and 2 tbsp. butter in a nonstick pan and brown the meat. Put meat in a baking dish and set aside.
- Heat the rest of the butter in the nonstick pan and sauté celery, carrots, and onion over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon. Deglaze with beer and beef broth and bring to a boil.
- Pour broth mixture onto the beef cubes. Cover and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender.
Recipe : Fourquet Fourchette Restaurant, fourquet-fourchette.com.