Beer: Don de Dieu
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 3 medium sized eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup 2% milk, hot
- ½ cup Don de Dieu beer
- ½ lb. cream cheese
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 3 slices crusty country bread, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine beer, orange juice, cranberries, and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer on low 10 minutes, remove from heat, and cool. Remove half of cranberries and set aside.
- Purée liquid and remaining cranberries in a blender. Strain and set aside. Beat eggs and sugar together with a food processor or electric mixer.
- Add hot milk, beer, cream cheese, melted chocolate, butter, bread cubes, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. Blend thoroughly. Stir in cranberries using a wooden spoon. Pour into lightly buttered custard cups. Place cups in a water bath and bake in oven 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool and unmold.
- Serve with coulis and garnish with chocolate shavings.
Recipe : Fourquet Fourchette Restaurant, fourquet-fourchette.com