Pumpkin, Leek, and Blanche de Chambly Soup
Preparation: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 3 leek whites, cut into rounds
- 5 cups pumpkin flesh, cut into large even cubes
- 3 medium-sized potatoes, cut into large even cubes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cups Blanche de Chambly
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot, sweat leeks in olive oil for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and potato cubes and fry for about 10 minutes.
- Then add Blanche de Chambly, chicken broth, water, garlic, ginger, and spices. There should be enough liquid to cover vegetables.
- Add water if necessary.
- Simmer for 45 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Puree soup using a food processor or blender.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe and photo: Philippe Allard and Samuel Joubert, recettesdelamort.ca