Savarin Cakes Glazed with Blanche de Chambly and Quelque Chose
Blanche de Chambly Maple Syrup Mix
- 6 oz. Blanche de Chambly beer
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups of vanilla ice cream
- Fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat egg yolks and sugar in a bowl using an electric mixer. Slowly add milk, flour, baking powder, and yeast. Mix well.
- Add stiffly beaten egg whites and fold in with a spatula. Pour into a greased miniature muffin pan and bake 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes, then remove from muffin pan and set aside on a wire rack.
Quelque Chose Sauce
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add maple syrup, juice from cherries, and beer. Simmer until reduced by half, skimming as necessary. Thicken sauce with cornstarch and add cherries.
- Just before serving, cut each cake in half. Place a dollop of ice cream on each bottom half and cover with top half. Serve two cakes per person and drizzle with Quelque Chose sauce. Garnish with mint leaves.
Recipe : Fourquet Fourchette Restaurant, fourquet-fourchette.com.