- 6 butter cookies
- ¼ cup (60 mL) salted butter
- 1 can of dulce de leche (reduced sweetened condensed milk)
- 3 Apples, peeled and quartered
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Éphémère Apple
- 250 ml whipped cream flavored with a drop of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Place the butter cookies in a resealable bag and crush well with a rolling pin.
- Melt the salted butter and mix with cookie crumbs in a large bowl. Spread this mixture into a pie plate, bake in oven for 10 minutes and then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On a skillet, melt the unsalted butter and add the sugar, apples and caramelize. Deglaze with Éphémère Apple and put on the cookie crust.
- Pour the dulce de leche over the apples and cover with whipped cream.
Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cocoa.
Photo & recipe: Antoine Sicotte, Le Cuisinier Rebelle on Zeste - zeste.tv