Raftman Ham and Bean Chowder
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 tsp. corn oil
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 4 slices of bacon, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp. fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried savory
- 3 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 3 cups Raftman beer
- 1 can kidney beans (19 oz.)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken, deboned and cut into small cubes (optional)
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and sweat (lightly sauté) onion, celery, crrots, and bacon. Add garlic and savory. Moisten with chicken broth and beer. Season and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add kidney beans, maple syrup, chicken, and parsley.
- Heat for several minutes and serve.
Recipe : Fourquet Fourchette Restaurant, fourquet-fourchette.com.