Smoked Salmon Bouquet with Maudite Beurre Blanc Sauce
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, cut into ribbons
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 slices of smoked salmon, around ½ lb.
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. French shallots, chopped
- 1 tsp. fine maple sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tsp. butter
- 12 oz. Maudite beer
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (35%)
- 1/2 lb. butter, softened and cut into pieces
- 4 sprigs of fresh basil (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat oil in a skillet and sauté zucchini. Add basil and diced tomato. Season, remove from heat, and set aside.
- Put three slices of smoked salmon in the middle of each plate to form the petals of a flower. Leave room to garnish with zucchini. Sprinkle petals with ground black pepper and keep cool.
- Sweat shallot in a pan with maple sugar and a little butter. Moisten with beer and reduce by half. Add cream and reduce liquid by 1/3. Slowly add butter while whipping. Season.
- Just before serving, add diced tomato and basil. Spoon beurre blanc around the edge of each smoked salmon bouquet and garnish with fresh basil.
Recipe : Fourquet Fourchette Restaurant, fourquet-fourchette.com.