Molten Chocolate Cake with Éphémère Cherry Coulis
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 13 minutes
- 2 cups fresh cherries, pitted
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup Éphémère Cherry
- In a saucepan, cook the cherries, lemon juice, sugar and the Éphémère Cherry for about 35 minutes at medium-low temperature.
- Reduce to one third. Serve immediately on melting cakes.
- You may also keep the coulis in the fridge to magically turn it into a wonderful cherry/beer jam!
Melting cake preparation :
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small pan, melt the butter at low heat and add the chocolate. Mix often until completely melted.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks, the full eggs and the sugar until the mixture is completely white.
- Butter 4 ramekins and pour an inch of flour in each. Turn over to remove excess flour.
- Add the melted chocolate to the eggs while mixing. Continue mixing very gently while adding the flour, a small quantity at a time.
- Divide the mix into the 4 ramekins and cook for 13 minutes. Not one more.
- Remove from the oven and unmold immediately into a plate. Drown it with your favorite coulis.
Recipe & photo: Philippe Allard and Samuel Joubert - www.recettedelamort.ca