Beer & Cheese
Unibroue beers are the perfect match for cheese. Planning a get-together with friends? You can make it simple yet convivial by including a lovely serving platter, a good selection of cheese and beer, artisan bread, crackers, fruit and the following suggestions to make your tasting a success.
Variety and quantity
- Plan for 3 to 4 oz of beer per person, per service.
- For a tasting of 3 or 4 services, plan between 200 and 280 g of cheese per person (70 g per person per service)
- To get a variety of flavors, chose different types of cheeses: soft, semi-soft, firm, semi-firm, hard and blue-veined.
- Cut round and square cheese into wedges, starting from the middle, and cylinder cheese into thin slices.
- To avoid mixing flavors, supply a different knife for each cheese and set it on the platter in such a way as to avoid it touching the other ones.
- Let the cheese sit at room temperature for 45 to 60 minutes before serving.
- For serving temperatures of each of our ales, consult their profile page over here
- Serve your guests some crackers or a few slices of plain, nut, or rye artisan bread.
- Supply some fresh fruit such as apple slices, pears, fresh figs, nuts and dried fruit.
- Pâtés and cold cuts will complement the beer and cheese nicely.
Beer and cheese pairing
It is recommended to use the cheese’s character to find it’s perfect beer match. In general, start with milder beer with mild cheeses and follow with beers and cheeses that have a more pronounced flavor. Here are a few suggestions:
Blanche de Chambly
Brie & camembert, fresh goat cheese, firm washed rind, firm beer washed rind, soft washed and mixed rind.
Brie & camembert, fresh goat cheese, firm washed rind, firm beer washed rind, firm 100% pasteurized cow milk.
Soft washed and mixed rind, aged goat cheddar, soft 100% pasteurized cow milk, 21 days, firm washed rind, raw milk, 90 days, soft washed rind, raw milk, 60 days.
La Fin du Monde
Firm 100% pasteurized cow milk, aged goat cheddar, aged cheddar, firm washed rind, raw milk, 90 days
Don de Dieu
Brie & camembert, firm 100% pasteurized cow milk, aged goat cheddar.
Firm beer washed rind, aged goat cheddar, aged cheddar, firm 100% pasteurized cow milk, 50 days, firm washed rind, raw milk, 90 days, blue cheese.