Raftman Pecan Pumpkin Pie
Serves 6 to 8
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 12 minutes
- 1 cup Raftman beer
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1½ cup pumpkin flesh, cut into chunks
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream (35%)
- 1 rolled-out piece of shortcrust pastry dough
- 1 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a saucepan, simmer beer, maple syrup, and pumpkin flesh for 10 to 12 minutes, then purée in a food processor. Put purée in a bowl and add eggs and cream. Gently mix with a wooden spoon until mixture is consistent. Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry dough.
- Pour pumpkin mixture onto the dough, cover with pecans, and bake for about 1 hour. Chill and serve.
Recipe : Fourquet Fourchette Restaurant, fourquet-fourchette.com.