Maudite Onion and Goat Cheese Soup
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 cups onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bouquet garni (1 bay leaf, 1 sprig of parsley, 1 sprig of thyme)
- 12 oz. Maudite beer
- 5 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices baguette, toasted
- 6 oz. goat cheese, sliced
Heat butter in a saucepan and sauté onions until golden brown. Add bouquet garni and moisten with beer. Add chicken broth and let simmer 20 to 25 minutes on low heat. Season. Just before serving, top 8 lightly toasted baguette slices with goat cheese, lay them on a cookie sheet, and melt cheese under broiler. Put soup in bowls and garnish with goat cheese croutons.
Recipe : Fourquet Fourchette Restaurant, fourquet-fourchette.com.